touch wall switch, quality timer switch,1 Pcs Mini Touch Sensor Switch LED Strip Brightness Control DC 3-24V Capacitive,
Burning Smell Coming From Ceiling Fan
My ceiling fan has a burning smell coming from it. Where is the burning smell coming from and what should I do about it
quality timer switch title=”Wireless White 2 Gang 1 Way Finger Touch Light Switch” src=”https://www.gooston.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/lamp-touch-switch-600×600.jpg” alt=”Wireless White 2 Gang 1 Way Finger Touch Light Switch” />In case you have a burning smell coming from the fan, it’s usually best to unplug the fan and not use it for now. A burning smell coming from the fan generally indicates that there is a fault throughout the wiring, or throughout the motor.
One thing it’s possible you’ll notice concerning the fan is that it may be wobbling. Check to see if the burning smell is coming from the motor. If the smell is coming from the motor and the fan is wobbling or not running properly, it could possibly be a fault within one of the motor coils. You might need to replace the motor. You can service the motor but be very careful, it’s a must to know what you are doing. And the motor can hold some charge if there may be capacitors in the motor as well, be sure not to touch these together with your screwdriver as you can discharge them into your body.
Another place where the burning smell will be coming from, is the wiring in your wall itself. If the smell is coming from inside your wall, or from other components on your fan,be sure to shut down power to the fan immediately. If the smell is coming from inside the wall it could mean some of your wiring is getting too hot and lighting on fire. This could happen if there’s too much power running along an old line. You might have really old wiring in your house which also can cause this to happen with any appliance – not only a fan. Sometimes houses can have old aluminum wiring or other.
Other times the burning smell might only come if you switch the ceiling fan into higher speeds, or if operating a certain light kit. This can happen as well. Your motor has different coils that run different things, so it’s possible one coil has gone out. This might cause the fan to operate incorrectly for some things but still work OK for others. Most of the time replacing the motor (if the smell is isolated to the motor) can resolve the problem.
quality timer switch