touch activated light switch, wifi light switch 4 way,CLIXMO ONE TOUCH FAN CONTROLLER SWITCH GLASS PANEL SATURN BLUE LED AUS STD!,
ESP8266 WiFi Module Light Switch
So I’ve decided to hop on the ESP8266 WiFi module bandwagon and build a light switch with a few differences.
1) the light switch needs to go within the wall and be the same size as the prevailing panel light switches (deeper shall be OK)
2) the circuit needs to drag power from the prevailing 250v power that runs through the switch
3) the light switch needs to contain a microphone so I can walk around the house issuing voice commands and each light switch will likely be able to listen to the command and relay it to a central hub for processing.
4) the light switches will use the esp 8226’s ability to be a wifi client and AP to create a mesh network so commands may be relayed across the house.
5) I need a design that an support up to 4 switches in a single light switch panel.
1) What should I take advantage of to drag 5v from the 250v power supplier. I’ve seen switching power supplys but these are all fairly bulky and contain transformers. I hoped that there was a smaller solution. I only need 250mA to power the device.
2) Can the esp 8226 be used to forward raw audio from a digital microphone. wifi light switch 4 way I would estimate the device will need to handle about 100Kbps given I probably won’t have sufficient room on the device to compress before I send the info. So there are two parts to this question
a) is it possible to wire a microphone to the esp 8226 and capture the audio
b) can it handle 100Kbps
3) If I 3d print the panel and a mount box in PLA is that considered electrically safe
4) How much of a challenge is reception going to be if the antenna is within the wall Should I expose the antenna on the switch face plate As i am designing the sunshine switches as a mesh network there must be another light switch only a few meters away generally.
wifi light switch 4 way